The only place you can get wifi at The Banyan Tree is at the front ‘office’ so I wandered up there just before lunch to check emails and stuff. I was sitting at a table outside when Johnno walk past with another guest then suddenly stopped while a greyish 1 metre long snake wandered across the path. Johnno calmly followed it through a bush, found a lump of steel lying around and thumped the snake into oblivion. Then he carried on down the path. I decided it probably wasn’t a good idea to tell Rhon until after we left the park.
Anyway we made our way to Wangi Falls which were very nice and Rhon managed a quick dip while I sipped on an iced coffee. Then a couple of other viewing spots, Tolmey Lookout and Buley Rockholes where Rhon enjoyed herself again while I took photos, before heading back for a cool drink. It does get stinking hot in the afternoon with high humidity and just doing a couple of short walks can knock the stuffing out and of you. Luckily this park as with most others has plenty of shade,and a late afternoon breeze usually cools things down nicely.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Day 20 Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Not a lot to report today. We just caught up on a few of the local attractions. Started at the local museum which was amazing - every squar...
-
Enjoyed being in Katherine; did everything there was to do and found it very interesting, if depressing at times to observe the indigenous ...
-
The only place you can get wifi at The Banyan Tree is at the front ‘office’ so I wandered up there just before lunch to check emails and st...
No comments:
Post a Comment